When troubleshooting complex issues, it is sometimes necessary for our customer service team to obtain additional information about the network requests that are generated in your browser while an issue occurs. A customer service team member may request that you record a HAR file, or a log of network requests, while that issue is occurring and then provide that to them for further analysis.
To generate the HAR file for Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- Look for the Vertical ellipsis button and select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the panel opened, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box Preserve log.
- Click the Clear button to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, in Chrome, click Export HAR to download. Then save the file to your computer: Save as HAR with Content.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that our Support team can analyze it.
The instructions are the same for a MAC computer or a Windows computer. Here is a brief animation showing this process:
To generate the HAR file for Edge
Edge natively produces HAR files. For more instructions, see the instructions from the Microsoft website.
- Open the Network tool in F12 developer tools.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Export captured traffic as a HAR (CTRL + S).